Jump Start Learning with Ready-To-Use, Expertly Compiled Humanities & Social Sciences Resources!
Save planning time, enhance classroom activities and build active engagement with text through tools such as annotation with Britannica’s newest digital classroom resource, Britannica LaunchPacks: Humanities & Social Sciences. Teachers can integrate ready-to-use content sets - curated to match their PreK-12 Humanities & Social Sciences Curriculum - with their classroom lessons.
One convenient interface streamlines searching among approximately 1,600 current, trustworthy and relevant LaunchPacks, which cover World History, Ancient Civilisations, Geography, Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business.
Each of the Britannica LaunchPacks: Humanities & Social Science content sets is dedicated to a specific subject and features a variety of content types - articles, images, videos and primary sources - ideal for lessons, classroom activities, projects or assignments.
- Annotation tools-such as highlighting text, adding notes, and organising work using colour-coded annotation categories-help students to actively work with content. Through annotation, students develop close reading skills, while teachers are able to support student reading AND comprehension.
- Customised scheduling allows teachers to organise content and reminds them when to use the Packs they’ve scheduled based on their own curriculum and pacing. Teachers are able to quickly select resources and specify dates to receive reminders, simplifying resource gathering and saving time.
- Approximately 1,600 LaunchPacks are mapped to your Humanities & Social Sciences Curriculum - with more than 12,000 diverse content sets, including informational texts, media, timelines, maps and primary source documents.
- Search by topic, keyword or year range - all years: 1st- 2nd, 3rd - 4th, 5th- 6th, 7th - 8th, 9th- 10th and 11th- 12th.
- Customise any Pack by adding or removing content, appending notes, or uploading your own content to share with others.
- Pre-formatted MLA citations are aligned with the new Eighth Edition Handbook.
- Students and teachers are given their own personal log-in for saving their work in the “My LaunchPacks” workspace.
- LaunchPacks feature a lively, accessible interface with clear navigation tools. Britannica editors are continuously updating the Packs; and there is a link that allows users to make suggestions or provide ideas for additional Packs.